Part Time nursing positions at Rockdoc Consulting Inc. working with a bright, energetic group of colleagues in a fast growing dynamic company with a fun and stimulating corporate culture. Available positions will focus on providing nursing care at the Vancouver City Jail beginning right away.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide nursing care to patients at Vancouver City Jail, 12 hr shifts.
- Provide First Aid to members of Vancouver City Jail
- Maintain health records including MARs, patient history, and various other nursing reports
- Maintain and inventory medications, medical equipment and supplies
- Collect and arrange for transportation of laboratory samples
- Collect patient records and reports for patient charts
- Coordinate specialist and ER referrals
- Use of computerized self-scheduling system
- Maintains clinical skills and knowledge
- Works within an interdisciplinary clinical framework in accordance with the CRNBC Standards of Practice, Direction of Jail Seargeant and consistent with the mission and values of Rockdoc Consulting Inc.
- Reports to the Nursing Manager – Rockdoc Special Projects Division
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Positive Attitude and a willingness to embrace Rockdoc’s Corporate Culture and Values
- Prioritize duties and delegate responsibilities, and work independently
- Communicate effectively, both verbally, electronically and in writing
- Personal flexibility and ability to creatively problem solve on the fly, and resolve conflicts
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of BC and BLS certification.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Hourly rates in excess of local nursing pay scale based on education and experience.
Benefits available for full time and some part time employees.
If interested, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Full Time RN Position.